Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Tree

We had a pretty stormy night Thursday. Chad looked in our backyard to see if it was raining on Friday morning and found this...


I came home from being at Girl's Camp Friday afternoon and Chad said, "Come here, I want to show you something." He walked me out back and showed me the tree. Our cute tree in the back yard split in half! He had me take a closer look. If you notice in the second picture you can see a little bird's nest. There was what looked like a dead mother bird still sitting on her nest. It really grossed me out. Later Chad came in and told me the bird must have just been playing dead, because it's position had changed. That made me feel a lot better. Later the bird left the nest for a while and Chad saw that there were some baby birds in it.
We have always loved that tree. Chad and I are pretty sad to see it go. The funny thing is that neither of us remember hearing it split. We are not really sure what happened to it. Chad was talking to a friend and they told him that it is fairly typical of maples to do that if they get a crack in them. We will miss our little tree!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Clark Family said...

I can't believe that happened to your tree. That is soo crazy! I was supossed to go to girls camp on friday. Too bad I was sick, we could have drove up there together!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

Oh no! I wish I could send Mike over to help you out (I might not be much help, even though I do have HUGE muscles)! We do miss those crazy Kansas storms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home