Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Our Baby Is Growing Up


Our baby is growing up! Emily is 21 months. She is full of personality and energy. She is very independent and has strong opinions about how things should be. Emily is also very loving and sweet and loves to give hugs and kisses. She loves to read, sing songs and go swimming. Emily wants to be involved in everything that is going on around her and is very observant. She also has a good sense of humor and loves to laugh and have fun!

Our friend let us bring Emily to the pool at her apartment complex the other day. When Emily woke up from her nap I told her that when Daddy was done working on the yard, we were going to go swimming. She was instantly excited, running around saying, "swimming, swimming, swimming". We collected all of our swimming things, including a blow-up turtle we got for her this summer. As soon as Chad walked through the door, she took the turtle and her swimming suit and said, "swimming, turtle, now Daddy!". She had the time of her life at the pool. She loves the water!

Last night when Chad and I were putting Emily to bed, Chad had held Emily for a little while. He gave her a hug and kiss and then put her in my arms so that I could rock her. She sat up, put her hands towards Chad and said, "More Daddy!". She just can't get enough of her Dad. It was so sweet!

Emily likes to "help" me make dinner and bake. She will bring the Bumbo seat to me and say "Bumble bee, make". This means for me to put the Bumbo seat on the counter and put her in it so that she can help me make what ever we are making.

Her latest phrases are "I don't want it!" and "I want it!" We don't know where she's picked them up, but we aren't too fond of them. It is cute to see her learning to express herself though. She's sure growing up fast!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home